Laboratory for Mechanical Equipment and Structures - LEME
The Laboratory for Mechanical Equipment and Structures (LEME) provides technological solutions in the petroleum, railway, and automotive areas. Its main activities are the performance of fatigue and static loading testing of:
- Umbilical, risers, hook KS, flexible pipes, springs, marine hoses;
- Railway trucks, suspension springs, wheel set, clamps;
- Axle, cabin structure, suspension system.
Besides the above LEME also performs metallurgical failure analysis and materials characterization of mechanical components and structures. It is also equipped with specific facilities for vibration and mechanical testing of industrial equipment.
The laboratory develops technological and research projects on:
- Dynamic simulation of freight trains;
- Remote acquisition dados of parameters of train and vehicles;
- Evaluation of life time cycle of mechanical equipments.
LEME is accredited by INMETRO to perform compulsory testing of: vehicular axle, container basis, helmets, brake testing of truck equipped by auxiliary axle, anchorage of the safety belt.