Development of enzymatic processes
Catalyzed reactions by enzymes have been studied extensively to obtain purer and more environmentally friendly products. Enzymatic reactions have generated much interest mainly due to the use of reaction conditions of low temperature and pH, high selectivity, high specificity and enantioselectivity.
IPT studies the development of processes for potential industrial applications of enzymatic catalysis involving:
- Synthesis of chiral products used as raw material for production of pharmaceutical products and drugs;
- Organic synthesis to replace high temperature and pressure processes;
- Synthesis of nutraceutical products;
- Production of biofuels, such as ethanol obtained from lignin-cellulose materials, starch or biodiesel;
- Production of enzymes by submerged and semi-solid processes; and
- Production of the enzyme fructosiltransferase for synthesis of prebiotics such as fructooligosaccharides.
- Fields of Activity