Mobile support to companies of the ceramic sector
The Mobile Units Project (PRUMO) is a support service designed mainly to offer small enterprises on-site evaluations of their production process, work with the businessperson to identify the main technological problems, and put into practice an array of adjustments and modifications to obtain immediate results. This service focuses on aspects such as product quality, increased productivity, and reductions in cost, scrap and waste, seeking to improve the competitiveness of these companies.
PRUMO’s staff uses Mobile Units, vehicles equipped with portable laboratory equipment specialized for each industry and operated by an engineer and an IPT technician. A series of tests and analyses of raw materials are performed and deficiencies in equipment, processes and tooling, or shortcomings in personnel training are detected. Based on the diagnosis, necessary changes are suggested and feasible solutions implemented, with immediate confirmation of the results. The service is conducted on the company’s premises for a period of up to two days.
Whenever possible, technological support for micro and small enterprises is covered by non-refundable grants of 80%, while the company covers 20% of the total value with its own funds.
PRUMO Ceramics provides services for manufacturers of raw materials and products of red and white ceramics, artistic ceramics and ceramic tiles. The laboratory services of the Mobile Units carry out the following evaluations of raw materials and production processes:
- Clay color after firing
- Linear shrinkage after drying and after firing
- Water absorption and apparent porosity
- Apparent bulk density
- Mechanical flexural strength
- Properties of ceramic paste used in wet ceramic tile production processes
- Properties of ceramic paste used in the process of fixing on plaster surfaces
- Measurement of firing kiln temperatures
- Kiln temperature mapping to optimize firing processes
- Collection and quantitative analysis of fluoride emissions in ceramic kilns, to provide manufacturers with guidelines about the limits established by regulations.
- These services enable guidelines to be drawn up for the most rational use of raw materials and homogenization of the properties of finished products, reducing losses and costs, improving quality and increasing productivity.
In addition, PRUMO Ceramics is qualified to carry out tests on products, such as:
- Standard tests of dimensions, flexural and compressive strength of solid bricks, blocks and roof tiles
- Optical evaluations for the early detection of defects in glazed and unglazed ceramic tiles, and technical and sanitary ceramics
Tel.: 55 (11) 3767-4921