Characterization and performance tests for anticorrosive organic coatings (paints and varnishes)
- Paint characterization and performance tests, both in liquid and dry film forms, are important tools for quality control in industrial painting, as well as for the selection and development of new paint compositions and schemes.
[img=1607,legenda=Corrosion and Protection Laboratory\'s fa (...)
Fluid flow, volume and speed metering
- The exact measurement and precise control of fluid flow and volume is important in industrial processes because they directly affect product quality, plant operational safety, economic and commercial aspects, and the fulfillment of legal and regulatory requirements. Fluid metrology is crucial in are (...)
Calibration of force, torque and hardness machines and transducers
- The Mechanical Metrology Laboratory (LMM) provides calibration services of force, torque and hardness machines and transducers:
[img=1286,legenda=Hydraulic force machine with nominal capacity up to 30 tf]
- Force tester scales: scales of universal testing machine. (...)
Interlaboratory programs in chemical and physicochemical analyses
- IPT\'s Metrological References Laboratory (LRM) provides two kinds of interlaboratory programmes to the industry and academic laboratories: Proficiency testing schemes and Interlaboratory method validation programmes.
Technological support and technical evaluation of sustainable construction
- Sustainable construction is a fairly recent theme in civil engineering and IPT is also active in this area, focusing on several items related to sustainable construction, such as:
- Support of management programs for construction and demolition waste (CDW) from building constructi (...)