Brazilian standard sand
- Brazilian standard sand is a reference material used by all Brazilian laboratories that perform physicomechanical tests of Portland cement, both for the control of production processes by cement manufacturers and by building materials laboratories in general. The required use of Brazilian standard s (...)
Characterization and performance tests for anticorrosive organic coatings (paints and varnishes)
- Paint characterization and performance tests, both in liquid and dry film forms, are important tools for quality control in industrial painting, as well as for the selection and development of new paint compositions and schemes.
[img=1607,legenda=Corrosion and Protection Laboratory\'s fa (...)
Characterization of organic materials
- Characterization of organic compounds contained in different types of materials is used for the quality control or production of similar materials.
IPT characterizes polymer materials (polyethylene, polypropylene, polyurethane, polyester, epoxy resin, silicon and others) and nonpolym (...)
Interlaboratory programs in chemical and physicochemical analyses
- IPT\'s Metrological References Laboratory (LRM) provides two kinds of interlaboratory programmes to the industry and academic laboratories: Proficiency testing schemes and Interlaboratory method validation programmes.
Calibration of electricity measuring standards and instruments
- The Electromagnetic Metrology Laboratory (LME) provides calibration services of electricity measuring standards and instruments:
- AC and DC voltage measurements: standard cell, voltage source, voltage meter (multimeter).
- AC and DC current meas (...)