Interlaboratory paper and pulp program
- The interlaboratory paper and pulp programs provide information that enables the continuous improvement of the participating laboratories and result in the following benefits, among others:
- they provide assistance to participating laboratories in the maintenance and calibration of the (...)
Brazilian standard sand
- Brazilian standard sand is a reference material used by all Brazilian laboratories that perform physicomechanical tests of Portland cement, both for the control of production processes by cement manufacturers and by building materials laboratories in general. The required use of Brazilian standard s (...)
Characterization and performance tests for anticorrosive organic coatings (paints and varnishes)
- Paint characterization and performance tests, both in liquid and dry film forms, are important tools for quality control in industrial painting, as well as for the selection and development of new paint compositions and schemes.
[img=1607,legenda=Corrosion and Protection Laboratory\'s fa (...)
Characterization of organic materials
- Characterization of organic compounds contained in different types of materials is used for the quality control or production of similar materials.
IPT characterizes polymer materials (polyethylene, polypropylene, polyurethane, polyester, epoxy resin, silicon and others) and nonpolym (...)
Calibration of pressure and mass measuring standards and instruments
The Mechanical Metrology Laboratory (LMM) provides calibration services of pressure and mass measuring standards and instruments: [img=1303,legenda=Force-balanced piston gauge for very low pressure calibration in both gauge and absolute modes]
- Mass stand (...)