Characterization and performance tests for anticorrosive organic coatings (paints and varnishes)
- Paint characterization and performance tests, both in liquid and dry film forms, are important tools for quality control in industrial painting, as well as for the selection and development of new paint compositions and schemes.
[img=1607,legenda=Corrosion and Protection Laboratory\'s fa (...)
Interlaboratory programs in chemical and physicochemical analyses
- IPT\'s Metrological References Laboratory (LRM) provides two kinds of interlaboratory programmes to the industry and academic laboratories: Proficiency testing schemes and Interlaboratory method validation programmes.
Compliance verification and adulteration of fuels and lubricants
- Fuel quality in Brazil is defined by a set of chemical and physicochemical characteristics, listed in the Resolutions and Regulations of the National Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels Agency – ANP. These specifications establish limits for each characteristic in order to ensure the quality o (...)
Evaluation of the biodegradability of products
- Biodegradation is the biologically mediated breakdown of chemical compounds. When biodegradation is complete, the process is called mineralization, i.e., the total breakdown of organic molecules into CO2, water and inorganic compounds.
Laboratory simulation of environmental conditions (...)
Technological support for wood preservation and disposal of treated wood residues
- The rational use of wood calls for its preservation, i.e., chemical treatment to prevent biodeterioration by fungi and wood-eating insects.
IPT is equipped to support companies of the construction industry and utilities (electric energy, telephone systems and railways) in the inspecti (...)